Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fail




So maybe I am not that great at this blogging stuff. But I think I hesitate because I don't want to get to all personal. See my dilema; if I blog about something personal but don't post it to FB, then no one reads it. If I blog and post it to facebook, some people that I want to read it will be able to as well as other people that I don't want to read it - complete conundrum for me. So, if I have to keep things general, it limits how much I can share. So lets start with easy stuff.

Updates;
I have a new car, who I have optomistically named "Lucky Lucy." My mom says if this car gets totaled I will not be able to get another red car, since Lucy is my third red car. She may have a point...

Work does not change much. I am on a mentorship commitee at work which is interesting and brings out the leader in me. I am so very much my father's daughter! Sometimes it takes so much personal strength for me to shut up and let other people talk - but then, it has been like that for me since I was a kid...

I am looking forward to taking the LCSW-C test in the fall, or right around Christmas. It will be a big moment, that really caps off my master's degree and signifies that I am qualified for a much broader range of social work positions.

For the time being, I am pretty happy at work. You never quite know what will happen each day, or what people you will meet. I also have two awesome coworkers Jen and Kristy who make the slow days fly by, and keep me sane during the crazy ones...

Things in the dating world are slow, but not stagnant, which is a nice change of pace for me! More details on that in future...

I have no fun trips planned for the immediate future, although I did take a week off around my birthday, so we shall see if maybe I can swing a couple days in the homeland.

And that is about it! Maybe that is the other reason for the failure of this blog - the life of a grown-up is boring, and social workers are poor, so I am not out having ridiculous adventures. I will try to do better next time!
L

3 comments:

  1. I want a fun trip too...since my exciting adventure got cancelled :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't you tell us more about the differences between the US and Canadian health care systems? Good and bad?

    ReplyDelete