Monday, November 9, 2009

Oh The Pressure!


So I wrote my first blog, and I think overall it went pretty well, but trying to come up with something else to write about that interests my many followers is a tremendous amount of pressure! Though, if I am honest, this blog is not really for anyone else except me... so I should feel free to write whatever I want right? I suppose I should start with what thoughts are swarming around my brain right now.


So it has been a busy few days. I totaled my car this week. In an unfortunate series of events, I was gliding through a prominently green light, and then hit a reckless woman (who claims she had the flu) as she careened through the red. I responded to this event with tears and hysterics in front of a crowd of strangers. Collapsed at the side of the road, clutching my purple cell phone and crying over my busted fender seemed a completely rational way to deal with my frustration over my forth accident in two years. So desperately sad over my crunched up car, I actually became so vulnerable that I actually asked a stranger if I could please give her a hug. She took pity on me and my mascara-stained face and indulged the sad girl with the ridiculously broken car. It is a humble moment, when you ask a stranger for a hug, but it felt right, and it helped.


Next came the news that my lovely car had $10,000 dollars damage, and had been sent to the "total loss" department of State Farm's claims department. What a sad dipiction of the events of the last five days... my car, a total loss. I guess I should be glad that I am safe, and relatively unharmed, but the notion that my car and I will never cruise Baltimore together again, is a tough blow. Granted, Torres (my car) was never what I had envisioned myself driving, the sporty little red hatchback has been nothing short of a gift from God, but when Jiffy Lube classified it as a "wagon" part of me died inside. Now, at the prospect of getting a new car, I am paralyzed with fear that I will kill this car too - and since my last little red car (Ruby) also died a tragic death as a result of another careless Baltimore driver, who can blame me? It has been suggested by several that I should choose another color for my mode of transportation... but is there really a better color for a car than red? I think not!


So now I need to empty out Torres, and grab her little teddy-bear mascot, (O'Malley) and say goodbye to my second car. I am totally not ready - but the insurance company certainly is... Now, if I could only figure out how to pay for the next one, get something cheap and of course, red!


~L

2 comments:

  1. I hope the other woman's insurance company will be providing some cash?! Still, so sorry to hear. What a sad description of you sitting on the side of the road asking a stranger for a hug!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...you poor thing. I would suggest a different color, too. Hope things get straightened out quickly and relatively painlessly for you.

    ReplyDelete